- ½ lb. ground pork
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 pack wonton wrapper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- water to seal dumpling
- Optional: sliced shrimps (coarsely chopped) and shredded chicken
- Mince garlic and chop green onions and set aside.
- Add half of the garlic, half of the green onions, egg, salt and pepper and bread crumbs into the ground pork. Mix thoroughly and set aside. (Option: for more savory dumpling, add coarsely chopped shrimps into the mixture)
- Place a teaspoon of the filling in the center of the wonton wrap.
- Use water to moisten the 2 sides of the wonton paper and fold over the filling forming a triangle. Press gently but firmly making sure to seal the edges.
- Take both ends of the dumpling and press to seal one edge over the other then set aside.
Tip: Make sure to keep the wonton wrapper from getting dry by covering it with moist paper tower of damp cheesecloth. You can also keep them in the bridge while working on batches of dumplings.
- Heat oil in pot and saute’ half of the chopped garlic until brown and crispy. Scoop the crisp garlic out of the pot and set aside.
- Add the chicken broth and let boil. Once the soup starts to boil, drop the dumplings gently (15-20 pieces) one by one and let it simmer until the dumplings are completely cooked.
- Add the other remaining green onions.
- Serve in bowl and sprinkle with crispy garlic.
Tip: Add shredded chicken for more flavor.
Dumpling soup with shredded chicken and green onions
Fried garlic, shredded chicken, green onions, salt and pepper, shrimp, ground pork and eggs
Download these 5 great free recipe apps on your phone!
These 5 great free mobile recipe apps can help you discover and try new and interesting recipes. Most of these apps contain recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner and come with instructional videos, photos and other helpful tips. There a couple from popular TV shows on the Food TV network and the BBC.
Leave your comments
Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron 5-1/2-Quart
Round French Oven Cerise
Also known as a Dutch oven, this updated kitchen classic enhances the cooking process by evenly distributing heat and locking in the optimal amount of moisture.
Mini 3.5 Inch Glass Bowls for Kitchen Prep
Dessert, Dips, and Candy Dishes or Nut Bowls, Set of 12
These perfectly sized 4 oz. capacity mini bowls are not only great for measuring ingredients while cooking or baking, but can also serve as individual candy/nut dishes to put out for your guests, or to serve dessert at home or at an event.
OPUX Premium Gravity Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder Set of 2
Battery Powered Salt Shakers with LED Light, Adjustable Coarseness (Steel)
Crafted with corrosion resistant stainless steel to ensure maximum durability and match seamlessly with your appliance, this durable battery-operated gravity grinder has a sharp, rust-proof ceramic core that easily and smoothly grind any spices without altering its flavor.
Follow us on social media