We found this recipe from Good in the Simple. We didn’t have flaxseeds but we have all the ingredients in the pantry to make this simple recipe.
The muffins turned out moist and delicious – sharing you this recipe with some pictures below. This is definitely a keeper.
- 3 cups of mashed sweet potato
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pierce the sweet potato with a fork to allow steam to escape, Place in foil lined baking pan or sheet and bake for about 60 minutes at 400c or until sweet potatoes until soft.
- Remove and let cool. Peel off the skin and mash the sweet potato filling with a fork or masher until any big lumps are gone. Measure out 3 cups worth of filling. Approximately 3 large sweet potatoes make 3 cups.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir the wet ingredients until well blended and add into the dry ingredients. Add the mashed sweet potatoes and stir until combined.
- Pour into muffin tins/cups and bake for 30 minutes at 325c.
The ingredients for the sweet potato muffins
Sweet Potatoes fresh out of the oven
Cooked & peeled sweet potatoes
Mashed sweet potatoes
Mashed sweet potatoes wet and dry ingredients
Muffin tray of freshly baked sweet potato muffins
Download these 5 great free recipe apps on your phone!
These 5 great free mobile recipe apps can help you discover and try new and interesting recipes. Most of these apps contain recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner and come with instructional videos, photos and other helpful tips. There a couple from popular TV shows on the Food TV network and the BBC.