We found this recipe from Good in the Simple. We didn’t have flaxseeds but we have all the ingredients in the pantry to make this simple recipe.
The muffins turned out moist and delicious – sharing you this recipe with some pictures below. This is definitely a keeper.
- 3 cups of mashed sweet potato
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pierce the sweet potato with a fork to allow steam to escape, Place in foil lined baking pan or sheet and bake for about 60 minutes at 400c or until sweet potatoes until soft.
- Remove and let cool. Peel off the skin and mash the sweet potato filling with a fork or masher until any big lumps are gone. Measure out 3 cups worth of filling. Approximately 3 large sweet potatoes make 3 cups.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir the wet ingredients until well blended and add into the dry ingredients. Add the mashed sweet potatoes and stir until combined.
- Pour into muffin tins/cups and bake for 30 minutes at 325c.